The purpose of this programme is to standardize Microbiology teaching at Post Graduate level and achieve uniformity in undergraduate teaching as well.
A candidate qualifying in the M.D. (Microbiology) examination should be able to:-
- Be a competent Microbiologist
- Conduct clinical/experimental research having significance for human health and patient care
- Interact with the allied departments by rendering services in advanced laboratory investigations
- Acquire skills in conducting collaborative research in the field of Microbiology & allied sciences
- Demonstrate the students how the knowledge of Microbiology can be used in a variety of clinical settings to solve diagnostic and therapeutic problems