What are the things to consider while selecting a college for BDS?
Are you aspiring to become a dentist but can’t figure out which college to choose? There are so many options available on the internet which is making you confused? If you are facing a lot of problems in making up your mind as to which college to choose from the available options and which one is going to be the best for you then you don’t have to worry anymore. Here we will explain to you the things which you should consider while choosing your college. To know more keep reading.
Which college to choose for BDS depends on what your priorities are? There is not a right or wrong way on how to choose your dental college as everybody’s priorities is different. Before applying to a college, ask yourself certain questions and then accordingly make your decision. The questions you should ask yourself are:
- What is the cost of the program for which you are applying?
- Does the name of the college matter to you?
- What location you would prefer?
- Do you want to be a specialist?
- Do you want to choose a college where most of your friends are?
- Are you interested in doing research work?
- What is the student-faculty ratio?
- Do you want to get admission in a college which offers both Medical & Dental Courses?
- What type of clinical experience do you want?
- What type of accommodation you want and does it fit into your budget?
However, there are certain things which are mandatory to consider that is the admission requirements of the college and also its academic standards. There are three main elements which are most important and which you cannot ignore while making your decision and they are the location, the class environment, and the college fee.
Location: While choosing your college make sure of the location that you would prefer. Do you want it in your home town or any other city? In some cases, if you are staying in the city the traveling distance from your home to college also matters. Also according to your comfort, you can choose the location for your college.
College Fee: BDS programs in most of the colleges are very expensive therefore choose a college that fits your budget or a college where you can adjust your budget according to your requirements without wasting an unnecessary amount of money.
Class Environment: Class environment also should be put into consideration while selecting your college. Everyone likes to be in a class with a helping environment rather than in a class where there is a cut-throat competition.
If you are living in India or anywhere in the world and want to choose a good college for BDS then there is no better option than Santosh Deemed to be University. Since now you are aware of how to decide for a good BDS college you will get to know how Santosh deemed to be University is the one which can fulfill all your requirements for a good BDS college.
- It is a NAAC accredited premier deemed to be university in NCR-Delhi
- You will have to qualify UG-NEET for getting admission in BDS
- It is the most prestigious institute for both medical and dental education
- The BDS program is also affordable for those staying in the city as it will only charge you for the tuition fee if you do not want the accommodation, unlike other colleges in which the accommodation fee is included with the tuition fee whether you stay in the college or not. The fee of the BDS program is Rs. 3 lakh per annum.
- They offer comprehensive learning and clinical training associated with 600+ bedded teaching hospital
- It is a complete medical and dental institute offering UG, PG and dental courses in both medical and dental science. Hence is the best option for those who want to go for an additional degree along with BDS
- You still have the last opportunity to register for the Mop-up Round at www.mcc.nic.in from 13th to 15th August 2019.
Since now you know what’s best for you. Do your research properly and make your decision wisely. All the best!!