The purpose of this program is to standardize Anatomy teaching at post-graduate level so that it benefits in achieving uniformity in undergraduate teaching of the subject. Doctor of Medicine in Anatomy is a post Graduate Anatomy Course which is mother of all medical subjects.
A candidate qualifying in the M.D. (Anatomy) examinations should be able to:-
- Be a competent Anatomist
- Work as a teacher/ medical faculty both at undergraduate & post graduate level
- An Anatomist has valuable contribution in radiology, CT Scan & MRI centers by virtue of his/her knowledge of the subject.
- Pursue her/his interest area to undergo further specialization
- Carry out & conduct various research problems both at basic and applied level
- Guide thesis at both post graduate and doctoral level
- The knowledge of embryology offers enough Global opportunities in the field of infertility & IVF clinics,
- An anatomist by virtue of his knowledge about whole human body (both gross & microscopic) can have a place in the field Medical jurisprudence and criminology,
- Knowledge of genetics gives an Anatomist in genetic labs which are upcoming fast in this field of medicine for diagnosis & treatment,
- By virtue of the anatomical knowledge an anatomist is the right person to be employed in the science of physical anthropology to solve medico legal problems for identification of individuals of different race and areas