Under this degree, students learn about areas such as ambulatory anaesthesia, cardiothoracic anaesthesiology, paediatric anaesthesiology, neuroanesthesia, obstetrical anaesthesiology and pain management.
At the end of postgraduate training the student should be able to:-
- Practice his specialty ethically
- Demonstrate sufficient understanding of Basic Sciences and Clinical Sciences related to his specialty
- Diagnose, Demonstrate and perform pre anaesthetic management of various surgical procedures, pain management, critical care management of various clinical scenarios pertaining to the speciality
- Plan and advise measures for the prevention and rehabilitation of patients belonging to his specialty
- Play the assigned role in the implementation of National Health Programs
- Demonstrate competence in basic concepts of research methodology
- Develop good teaching and training skills
- He should have sufficient knowledge of clinical sciences such as Medicine, Surgery specialties’ critical care etc.