M.B.B.S (Bachelor of Medicine & Bachelor of Surgery)
Graduate medical curriculum is oriented towards training students to undertake the responsibilities of a physician of first contact who is capable of looking after the preventive, primitive, curative and rehabilitative aspects of medical care.
The broad based training aims to provide an educational experience with all the essentials required for health care in our country. Moreover, a wide range of career opportunities await students.
At the end of under graduate program, the medical student shall endeavour to be able to:
- Recognize ‘Health for All’ as a national goal of all citizens. Fulfil his/her social obligations towards realization of this goal;
- Learn every aspect of National Policies on health and its practical implementation;
- Achieve competence in practice of holistic medicine, encompassing primitive, preventive, curative and rehabilitative aspects of common diseases;
- Develop scientific temper and acquire experience for proficiency and promote healthy living;
- Become exemplary citizen by observing medical ethics and fulfil social and professional obligations.
- Be competent in diagnosis and management of common health problems of an individual or the community;
- Appreciate rationale for different therapeutic modalities, be familiar with the administration of the ‘essential drugs’ and their common side effects;
- Be able to appreciate the socio-psychological, cultural, economic and environmental factors affecting health. Develop humane attitude towards the patients in discharging one’s professional responsibilities;
- Possess the attitude for continued self learning and to seek further expertise or to pursue research in any chosen area of medicine;
- Be familiar with the basic factors which are essential for the implementation of national health goals.